Experienced Defective Products Attorney Representing Virginia Personal Injury Plaintiffs
All companies legally designing, manufacturing, and selling products are beholden to numerous state and federal laws to ensure their safety for consumption. Unfortunately, errors do occur — intentional or not — and many people are harmed by seemingly safe products every year. These are considered defective products and fall under product liability law. Armentrout Accident & Injury Law has represented many clients who have been injured by defective products and successfully collected compensation on their behalf. We can help you as well, so give us a call today. We collect attorney’s fees on a contingent basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we are successful in your case.
The Consumer’s Burden
There are many key elements in a legitimate product liability case. In order to be successful, we need to prove that your injury was caused by a defect that you could not prevent. It will be our burden to demonstrate the following:
- You received the product in new or like-new condition (undamaged)
- You used the product only for its intended purpose(s)
- You heeded all available warnings & instructions
- Your injury was a direct result of using the product
Identifying a Defective Product
The other main component for preparing your case depends upon the specifics of the accident or injury. We need to determine whether the defect was a design, manufacturing, or retail defect so that we know who to name in your claim. We’ll explain each below:
- Design defect: The original design contained flaws that rendered the entire product line inherently unsafe.
- Manufacturing defect: The production process was flawed in general, rendering all products in the product line unsafe, or a mistake was made in the production of the specific item you purchased.
- Retail defect: A mistake in the storage, display, or delivery of the product from the retailer to you rendered the product broken and/or dangerous. Additionally, the product was sold to the customer without adequate instructions for use or safety warnings.
Protecting the Public
If you have been injured by a product you assumed to be safe, you should not only be refunded your purchase but also compensated for your medical expenses, lost wages from missed work, diminished income-earning potential, and perhaps pain and suffering. Armentrout Accident & Injury Law will help you gather the necessary evidence and file a claim against the responsible parties. We will also aggressively advocate your position in court if a settlement cannot be reached.