Dedicated Dog Bites Attorney Representing Virginia Personal Injury Plaintiffs
Armentrout Accident & Injury Law has been standing up for dog bite victims in Virginia for nearly three decades. If you or your child has been bitten or attacked by a dog, you deserve to be compensated for this terrifying event, as well as for your resulting medical expenses, lost wages due to missed work, and pain and suffering. We are committed to holding irresponsible pet owners accountable for their negligence and will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
Unlike many other states, Virginia does not impose a strict liability law on dog and pet owners. This means that they are not legally liable if their dog bites someone unless we can prove actual negligence on their part. In order to do this, it is our burden as your attorney to prove one or more of the following factors:
- The owner knew the dog was aggressive or prone to attacks
- The dog has previously bitten someone
- The owner violated Animal Control laws
- The owner violated leash laws or did not take reasonable care to restrain their dog
Defending Your Innocence
Your case will be much stronger if we can say without a doubt that you did nothing to contribute to the cause of the dog bite. The best way to build this argument is to be honest with us about what exactly happened. It could very well be that you did absolutely nothing wrong, but have been guilted by the dog owner in question. We will seek to prove the following if applicable:
- You did not trespass onto the property where the dog resides
- You did not provoke the dog
- You tried to keep your distance
- You warned the dog owner that their pet had exhibited signs of aggression prior to the bite
As part of our firm’s contingent fee structure, you pay no attorney’s fees unless you receive a financial recovery.